HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Poor Lillie...Haha!

My mom made Lillie an absolutely adorable little dress that came in the mail yesterday. It was so beautiful that I decided to put Lillie in it today even though it wasn't quite as warm as it had been. I had to pair it with leggings (and then later a sweater when we went out). While we were out she got tons of compliments. I told everyone how my mom had made her dress, my sister's mother-in-law had made her little pink hand-knit sweater, I had made her hair clip and her shoes were handmade by Jessica over at Mia Joie. The only thing that wasn't hand-made were her leggings. As I was telling someone this, I was thinking to myself in another year or two Lillie is going come back from pre-school and ask why can't she just wear cool store-bought clothes like everyone else? Haha! I hope I can train her to appreciate the beauty of the items that are made specially for her, but I am guessing I won't luck out with that until she is all grown up herself!

Also today, Miss Lillabel went on her first "big-girl" trip to the library today! It was so much fun and she absolutely loved it! They had these little tables and chairs and toy trains and stuff. She had so much fun playing with everything and the picking out her new books! I am so glad I made myself wait to bring her (I had been wanting to for several months but wasn't sure she was old enough to enjoy it) because she absolutely LOVED it! I can't wait to bring her again next week! I am thankful to have many wonderful childhood memories and one of my favorite things to think back on were all of the wonderful trips we took to the library as children. My mom, sisters and I all are absolutely addicted to reading and my dad as of late has become quite the reader himself. My brother is the only one who doesn't like to read, but seeing how he is a 21 year-old college student I suppose that is to be expected. Anyway, I have always appreciated how much our parents nurtured our love of literature and hope to do the same with my children. So, needless to say I am terribly excited that Lillie loves to read "stories".

14 comments:

  1. So precious. And I LOVE the bloom shoes, we are on our second pair!

    So weill we see that dress in your shop anytime soon?

    And I also love to read and hope my kids get that gene, cause my husband ABHORS reading! :(
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky little girl! She looks positively adorable in her handmade treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE her look! She is a lucky girl to sport all of the homemade clothes, I bet her friends will be begging her to borrow her stuff! They will be raiding her closet in not time!

    Hope she continues to love the library and books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those images of Lillie in her pink wagon are beyond precious! Love everything about this sweet little outfit, from her tiny pink hair clip down to those adorable pink ballet slippers! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dress, your mom made! Please tell her, when I have children, I'm going to keep her busy..... :) Lillie is growing up so fast, I can't believe how big she is getting. She is so beautiful,Jenni. Like mother, Like Daughter. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i need another granddaughter about lillie's age so consider her adopted by grammy linda (: my 2 daughters are 20yrs and almost 13 and my grandson will be 10yrs this Monday 29th but i just love to buy clothes for them....now i can sew if they were lillie's age i would but i worked at carter's kid store for 7yrs so that's what they all wore, in fact my son said MOM the kids don't have any room left in the closets ): i took that news well ):
    tell lillie she is a lucky little girl.........blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy - haha! I am dying for more Mia Joie shoes. I can't wait for her new website. I have only been able to snatch up those bloom shoes and the Gretel boots. I wanted the riding boots so bad but missed out on them by an hour or so! Arggh! My hubby isn't much of a reader either - so, I agree, hopefully our kids will get our genes, right!

    Lili - I found the little pink roadster at an antique mall last fall. I cannot tell you how excited I was! I can't wait to take it outside now that it is warmer and let her ride around in it (it has been cooped up in our living room for the past few months and thanks to Lillie's discovering how to make it go, we have several marks on the walls and furniture - haha!)

    Tamara - I will tell my mom! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenni she looks beautiful!!!!!! That dress is the sweetest thing I have seen!!!! I love the shoes but she doesn't make them in toddler sizes does she! I found her shoes love them but it seemed she only went up to a size 4 or so!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My gosh is she sweet! I am so happy to have found you.. your blog ( and home )are so lovely! I look forward to following! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness, you girlie is adorable! And, your clothes are great! Off to check out your store, so loving everything here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a doll. I have 5 boys so I enjoy all the pink! Stunning home- great blog. I think I'll follow and stay awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Girl! Love her outfit!:) Trust me I can't WAIT until Mia Joie opens up her website!!! I am going to get back in debt over it, I just know it...ok, not really but I know I'm gonna get in some trouble shopping it!! LOVE the pink vintage car also!! I think Pottery Barn Kids had one a while back...hmm, not sure? It's funny because I just took Paris and Princeton to the book store and it didn't go so well:( Princeton LOVED it but Paris-Noel was too busy running around tearing all the books off the shelf not to mention squealing and screaming! Yup, had to get out of there fast due to some disproving looks:( Seems to happen a LOT to me nowadays!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much everyone for all of your kind words. Wow - Erica, I can't imagine having 5 boys!

    Prencie - haha! I think about a week after her website opens my hubby will have banned me from it! I am going to try to get a pair of those peep-toes tomorrow morning if I can remember in time. They had a really similar looking car at Posh Tots a little while ago, and may still have it, but it was soooo expensive, so I just about died when I saw it for I think about half the price (or maybe even less) at the antique mall in town. That's funny about Paris-Noel! Well, not funny for you I am sure! I have had soooo many outings with Lillie like that and my face always turns bright red and I start sweating as I am trying to find the nearest possible exit - haha! I think that's why I was so excited she did so well at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, Posh Tots. I use to love exploring that website and some other one with the name "dandelion" in it, just can't remember the rest. But now I love exploring etsy!! I just can't get enough of that website!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...